WHAT NOT TO WEAR!!
Every Wednesday afternoon we have open calls. Hundreds of girls line up to be seen by agents in the hopes of starting a new or continuing a modeling career with Ford. What you wear says a lot about who you are and how you live. What you wear to a casting is the first and sometimes only impression another person will get of you. It is VERY important to “look the part.” Ideally you should appear Model-esque i.e. relaxed, confident, hip and cool.
All of the girls who attend open calls are attractive girls. Not all of them however are models. Being a model isn’t only about “look” it’s about attitude and personality. One of the biggest mistakes girls make is showing up with loud, ultra-trendy outfits that make them appear insecure and look like they are trying too hard.
Here are a few examples of what NOT to wear:
You never want to hide behind too much makeup or accessories. You should be a “blank canvas” wearing Simple clothing that show off your body and clean, fresh makeup that show off your face and bone structure.
Basic Casting Rules
– If you are NOT 5’10” or taller, NEVER go to a casting without your heels.
– Never be too colorful or too trendy.
– Never leave your pictures at home.
– Always triple check hygiene.
– NEVER wear too much makeup
What to wear to Summer castings:
• Sun dresses are a must
• Short skirts are great for showing off legs.
• Tanks tops simplify your look
What to wear to Spring/Fall castings:
• Skinny jeans show off legs and keep them warm.
• T-Shirts instead of tanks. Baby Tees are best because they hug the body more.
• A scarf adds a little life to a plain outfit. It’s trendy and sophisticated.
• A sweater is a must for unpredictable weather and is good for layering.
• Pumps add height and keep the toes warm.
What to wear to Winter Castings:
• Long-sleeved fitted knit tops and dresses
• Opaque tights show off legs and keep them warm
• Skinny jeans
• Flat or high heeled boots (depending on your height)
• Always layer over fitted baby-tees and tank tops peel off the layers before you see the agent/client (remember the idea is to see your body)
If you disagree with anything in this posting…I don’t make the rules…I only give you the info nobody else will.